EvoStik NPL Division One (North)

Tuesday 23 February 2016

By Gary Owen

Droylsden were on the wrong end of another heavy scoreline, after facing another of the division’s promotion hopefuls.

The Bloods created the game’s first opening, but Domaine Rouse shot wide from Billy Hasler-Cregg’s shot.  However, the hosts then took control, scoring two and hitting the woodwork three times in an opening half down the Brewery Field slope.

The first to be denied by the woodwork was Shane Henry, whose first time effort from Kallum Griffiths’ shot struck the bar, but on 13 minutes it was 1-0 as Nathan Fisher grabbed the first of his brace, slotting past Steve James after beating the offside trap.

Henry was again thwarted by the frame of the goal as his rising drive skimmed off the top of the bar, before Rouse saw his effort deflected over the bar at the other end.

Just before the half-hour mark, Fisher beat Shaquille Clarke-Adams, but with the Droylsden defence calling for a foul on the full back, the Town striker curled a beautiful effort onto the crossbar, with James a mere spectator.

On 31 minutes, it was 2-0 as Droylsden gave away poor possession in midfield, and one pass later Fisher was there to slot past the exposed James.

Brandon Zibaka forced Daniel Lowson into his first save of the game ten minutes after the re-start, but the hosts made it three when Liam Henderson’s low cross bounced kindly off Ged Murphy back into the striker’s path, who found the bottom corner with a sweet effort.

Six minutes later, and three became four when Joe Tait rose to head home from a corner kick, before Henderson got his second with seven minutes remaining.

A late rally from the visitors saw Carlos Rouse-Edmondson shoot wide, as did Hasler-Cregg with Droylsden’s best chance of the game, and Lowson turned away a Mike Pino effort in added time.

To cap a miserable night, the closure of access to the A1 resulted in difficult diversions throughout the North Yorkshire countryside, meaning an arrival back in Tameside the next day!

SPENNYMOOR TOWN:     Lowson, Griffiths (Risbrough, 80’), Watson, Gott, Tait, Johnson, Stephenson, Henry, Henderson, Fisher (Cogdon, 78’), Anderson (Peacock, 64’).  Subs. not used – McDonald, Mason.

DROYLSDEN:                      James, Clarke-Adams, Barber (Burke, 74’), Wood, Murphy, O’Brien, Grimshaw, Daly (Pino, 59’), Zibaka (Rouse_Edmondson, 66’), Rouse, Hasler-Cregg.  Subs. not used – Howe, Hampson J.

Referee:                                 Mr. D. Watson

Attendance:                          367

Category: Match Reports