Monday, 14 November 2016 11:30

Scarborough 3-1 Droylsden

Written by
Rate this item
(0 votes)


Three first half goals sunk a weakened Droylsden side at Scarborough.

The Bloods with a makeshift centre half pairing of Hall and Samuels, the former starting his first game since his Injury against Gainsborough thirteen months ago.

Droylsden started the stronger and created two early chances, Steve Lewis heading against the post from an Adam Farrell cross and Farrell himself shooting wide after being set up by Lewis.

But Scarborough took the lead soon after,Carl Stewart beating the Bloods offside trap from Cameron Murray’s ball through the centre to slot past James Coates in the Droylsden goal, although there was a hint of offside with Steve Hall ending in the referee's book after taking the debate to the linesman.

Two minutes later the home team doubled their lead, Lamin Colley on his debut slotting home from close range.

Jamie Frost had a great chance to pull one back for the Bloods from the resumption dribbling into the area only to run out of room and into the side netting while Luke Daly also hit the side netting.

But four minutes before half time Scarborough made it three, Carl Stewart easily scoring his second after being presented with the ball from an Igiehon pass, giving Coates no chance in the Droylsden goal.

The Bloods came out fighting in the second half, Sean Clancy’s shot blocked on the line by keeper Porter and two minutes later, Steve Lewis dribbled into the box, his powerful shot though straight at the keeper.Droylsden then winning an indirect free kick inside the box after the referee adjudged that Porter had picked up a back pass, only for Liam Caddick to slice his effort well wide of the left hand post

Dave Pace brought on Dominic Smith and new signing Andreas Bianga and Smith had an immediate impact, shooting just over the bar from outside the box, then winning a corner after his shot was deflected wide.

From the corner Bloods won a penalty after the referee spotted a push and Steve Lewis converted from the spot with twenty three minutes still left .

Droylsden kept pressing for a second, Adam Farrell’s shot again saw the ball deflected behind for the corner and a Luke Daly free kick on the edge of the area hit Boro’s defensive wall and went for another corner.

Despite the pressure, Bloods couldn't force a second goal but with four minutes left really should have scored after a great cross from Bianga found the head of an unmarked Farrell but the striker could only head over from twelve yards.

Read 4954 times