Sunday, 06 November 2016 15:39

Radcliffe Borough 1-2 Droylsden

Written by
Rate this item
(0 votes)


Two second half goals from Adam Farrell and Steve Lewis sealed the Bloods second win in a row after coming from behind at Radcliffe Borough to claim three well deserved points in this local derby.

Droylsden started the game strongly and should have taken the lead after just three minutes when a goalmouth scramble saw the ball come back off the underside of the crossbar.

Centre half Ben Hampson was injured in the melee and was replaced by Yomi Samuels.

The Bloods continued to press, Ryan in the Borough goal stopping Adam Farrell’s strike on the quarter of an hour mark.

At the other end Radcliffe began to get into the game, Corriea’s header from a Rokka cross beating James Coates but coming off the post and Grogan’s shot was blocked on the line.

Five minutes before half time both teams had great chances to score, Domaine Rouse’s header was brilliantly saved by Ryan in the Boro goal and almost immediately at the other end Corriea’s effort was brilliantly saved by James Coates.

The home team took the lead on the stroke of half time, a terrific shot by Elliot Rokka from outside the area flying into the top corner.

Radcliffe began the second half the stronger, both Rokka and Corriea shooting just wide in the first ten minutes and a great save by Coates denying Jack Hindle as the keeper tipped the midfielder’s shot onto the post.

Bloods fans were heartened to see Steve Hall come on with twenty five minutes left, the midfielder returning after a thirteen month lay off in place of Jack Rudge.

Six minutes later, the Bloods should have equalised, Liam Caddick put through by Steve Lewis but hitting his shot straight at the advancing Ryan.

Pressing for an equaliser, Dominic Smith came on in place of Caddick and the deserved goal came on the Steve ty seventh minute, a free header from a Luke Daly corner by Adam Farrell easily beating the keeper.

With three minutes to go, Droylsden took the lead, Steve Hall’s shot through a crowded area coming back off a defender and landing at the feet of Steve Lewis whose strike hit the back of the net to claim all three points.

Photo Courtesy of Derek Lloyd

Update Centre Half Ben Hampson has a double fracture of his nose and possible cheekbone fracture

Read 4948 times